To explain the procedure for correcting errors on approved Board of Public Works Agenda Items.
This Advisory updates and restates the Board Policy and Procedure adopted as Secretary’s Agenda Item 5 on April 28, 1982 (“Correcting Errors in Previously Approved Action Agenda Items”).
1. The following corrections may be accomplished only through an Action Agenda Item:
- Increases in amounts (except in the limited circumstances described below).
- Adding or substituting a general-obligation bond source that was not previously approved for that project. Authority: State Finance and Procurement Article, Maryland Code, §§ 8-117, 8-301. (Allocating expenditures to a bond fund more than five years after the expenditures were made is NOT permitted.)
- Decreasing a grant recipient’s own contribution to a project.
2. The following corrections to the Board record may be accomplished by transmitting a letter by email to the Secretary of the Board of Public Works with a copy to each Board member and the Recording Secretary.
The letter must indicate the change to the record and identify the basis for change as one of the following:
- Correction of fund source (except adding or substituting a general-obligation bond source that was not previously approved for that project).
- Corrections in amounts that are immaterial in relation to the total item amount and the error is clearly clerical.
- Clerical errors.
Questions concerning this Advisory may be addressed to:
Board of Public Works
80 Calvert Street, Room 117
Annapolis, Maryland 21401
Tel: 410-260-7335; Toll Free: 877-591-7320
Lisa Grigsby, Recording Secretary